Monday, December 15, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was a little different for us. On Thanksgiving day we went to the fire station in Rexburg and had dinner there. My brother Ellis is a fireman and he was working that day so we were invited to spend the day there. Spending time with those men made me feel so grateful for their willingness to serve and spend time away from their families. Then on Saturday I drove down to Jerome and had a Thanksgiving dinner with the rest of my family. It was really fun to see everyone. I didn't get a picture of everyone sitting and eating... because we kind of took shifts on who got to sit and eat. There is just too many of us to accommodate. These two cute boys are my nephews, Chase and Trey. Their dad helped their neighbor move down to Arizona and brought back these gummy jalapeno cactus. It was so funny to watch them running around eating them. They would take a bite and start running and yelling, "HOT, HOT, HOT!!"
My sister, Raina, knitted tons and tons of these hats. It was pretty cute to see all the kids wearing them. The funny part was that most of the boys picked out girly ones. My brothers shut that down pretty quick though. :)
Things tend to get a little hectic when the Johnstons get together. This was Preston's reaction to it all.
Of course there was hair cutting going on. Owen and I thought it would be funny to give him a different style... a cross between a mullet and a rat tail?
Here is Ellis and Hailey at the fire station on Thanksgiving day. You really can't see Ellis in his uniform, but he looks really nice in it.
This is Ellis' gear.You will have to forgive the misspelling of Johnston.

1 comment:

Lori Harris said...

What a fun Thanksgiving that you will always remember at the fire station.