Friday, August 14, 2009

Family Heirloom

This double rocker was my parents first piece of furniture. My dad's brother, Milt, got it for them when he was in Maui. It is made out of the same wood that the ark was made of, gopher wood. My mom said that it cost $100. At the time that they got the rocker my mom was expecting my sister Rochelle. And according to my mom, she was HUGE! Or according to my grandpa anyway. When my grandpa delivered the rocker to my parents, Grandpa George said to my mom, "Even you can fit in this Annette!"


A few months back I saw this sitting in my sisters garage and asked if I could 'take it off her hands'. Leaving the dirty work of transporting to Owen. I got permission from my mom to paint it, and she was very excited. So after a litter elbow grease and black satin paint, here is the end result. I have some great memories of this rocker. There used to be a cushion on the seat and the back, so that is on the list of things to do.

1 comment:

Lori Harris said...

Love this rocker. You did such a great job fixing it up.