Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Four wheeling with the Johnston Family

While we were at my parents house for Evie's blessing Ellis, Rochelle, and I rounded up some four wheelers and we took a trek in the wilderness. We were in search for the honey combs. We weren't able to get to them... by the time they were in walking distance (an 8 mile hike) there was a big rain storm getting too close for comfort. By the time that we made it back to the pickup to load up the four wheelers we were getting drenched.

Our happy little family. Preston loved being on the four wheeler and observing everything else going on.


When we first started out on the 'trek' Robin, my mom, and I (and our two babies- Macie and Preston) started walking. After about a half a mile Macie started to get a little fussy because she was tired and we didn't have her pacifier. So Preston's pacifier came to the rescue! After walking 4 or so miles we were looking as far as the road went and realized that they weren't coming back for us. We were unaware of how far everyone else was going, which ended up being 20 some miles. I ran back to the car and my mom and sister started back with the little ones. I literally just got to the car and Ellis came around the bend and picked me up... good timing I guess. As they loaded up the stroller my camera had fallen out of the stroller. I was so sad! Luckily on our way back we were able to find it, it was just enough on the side of the road so it didn't get run over! Phew!

No comments: