Thursday, February 4, 2010

Master Bedroom

It all started a year ago...



When we first moved into our apartment we didn't have a dresser. Our clothes were nicely folded on the floor. I came home from a trip to Salt Lake and Blake had bought this dresser from the Sugar City Hardware store. It was so thoughtful of him because he knew how frustrated I was with having piles of clothes on the floor.


The end tables came from DI for $15 for both of them, they have been painted a few times and Blake put taller legs on them. And the lamps came from my Grandma Johnston. They were an ugly sea foam green with this wonderful lamp shade, green and mauve floral, you can imagine.


The new dresser came from craigs list (I LOVE) for $25! It was not so cute, but paint does amazing things! The mirrors came from garage sales and Blake did a wonderful job hanging the TV. Thanks babe! And in the hurricane jars are petals from roses that Blake has given me.


As you can see, the end tables are now brown. The headboard came from DI, and I made the bench out of a shutter, and yes I made it... all by myself! I love the pictures of Blake and I above the bed! Thanks Karen!


And the curtains... I love the picture of the temple. My friend Nettie made that for me. She is so talented!


You can't really tell in this picture, but the bottom frame has our marriage certificate in it. I saw this idea in Ashley's house, and had to steal her idea. It has only taken a year and a half to finally get everything collected and put together, but I love the outcome!

1 comment:

Swensen Family said...

Oh it all looks great...you are a woman of many talents! I love the color choices, looking at your home decor makes me kind of miss ya and wish we lived close so we could get together and do fun projects (okay maybe you could help me, I would love to hang up window treatments but I don't know where to start)! Way cute!