Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rolling Hills Classic


Somehow I got talked into running a 5K. Crazy... yes I know. When I commited to doing this I thought to myself, 'Rhonda, this is good. It will make you start working out again on a regular basis.' Well that lasted for two weeks, and then life happened. So the two weeks before I had gone on a few walks, but not any training. The day before Lisa Cutler (the one who talked me into this) and I ran the course. I was unaware that the name of the 5K was 'Rolling hills Classic'. Those rolling hills included the one going up to the temple from the middle school! But neither of us died and we ended up running 12 1/2 minute miles! Just getting started and still wearing a smile.
On the home stretch... down the hill. The guy right behind Lisa is about to lap us, he ran the 10 K.
Here I am trying to catch my breath from sprinting the last 150 yards.

This is a picture of how happy we were that the race was over.
Lisa and I with our babies.
Leticia also ran, and she is amazing. She is 50 years old and kick my trash.

My mom happed to be in town and was able to come and watch me finish. It looks like Preston had a good time too.

9 comments:

Ashley Robinson said...

oh my gosh! You are THE WOMAN!! I probably would have died for sure! We should work out together, after
I have my baby though! I need to get motivated!

Mike and Bridgett said...

You are such an amazing person! Your baby is like 8 weeks or something and you are RUNNING! What is the matter with you? How can you do such great things? Good job...I hear another one is coming your way in October...

Brandi said...

Good Job Rhonda! Holy cow! Yeah I wouldn't have made it to the finish line! It looks like you had a fun time! Your little guy sure is growing! Have a good day!

Lori Harris said...

Go Rhonda, Super Woman and Super Mom!!

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Good job Rhonda!!! That is so awesome!!! I wish I could run a 5K again!!

Lisah said...

It was so fun Rhonda! I couldn't have asked for a better running partner!!!

Justin and Stacey said...

Go Rhonda! There is one next Saturday and I am contemplating doing it. I keep talking myself out of it and you just gave me some extra motivation. Hopefully it will work out because now I think I am sold!

Natalie said...

That is awesome. I never really liked to run until I ran a couple of 5K's and now I'm hooked. Can't wait to have this baby and get back into running again. We'll have to do a race together! Hope things are going great with you guys. We miss seeing you! Preston is getting so big and is adorable.

Kelsey said...

My sister tells me you are her new BFF... I think it's time we have a talk miss Rhonda. :)